What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome?
CRPS is a form of chronic pain that impacts the arms and legs. Patients often complain of a painful burning sensation or the feeling of electrical shocks. CRPS is often brought on after an injury, heart attack, stroke or surgery. Although, the definitive causes of CRPS are still not completely understood.
What can GMPM do for my CRPS?
- Our specialists will conduct a physical examination. We will look for swollen joints, changes to the skin and the temperature of the skin relative to other areas of the body.
- X-rays may be ordered to rule out problems with bones and joints.
- Blood tests may be ordered to rule out infection.
- We will recommend the appropriate medications to relive or lessen your pain
- Our specialist will target you pain using powerful anti-inflammatory medication.
It is important to speak with your GMPM physician when you notice the symptoms associated with CRPS are not responding to home remedies like ibuprofen and hot and cold therapy. Treatment options are most effective when administered at the beginning of this painful syndrome.